THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN kindred dance camp!
KINDRED DANCE CAMP: Self-Work Edition
September 21-23, 2018
Registration IS OPEN - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Many of us are trying to discover who we are, why we dance and what our artistic identity is. Maybe you once knew, but you've lost it; or perhaps you are struggling with where to start.
Self-discovery. Self-respect. Self-worth. Self-confidence. Self-acceptance. Self-love. It's time to focus on the self.
The purpose of our September camp is to help you reflect deeply on your individuality and your place as an artist. Dancers will be given a space to try movement, gain feedback, and build real confidence. We aim to help you find your style and find yourselves.
At this "Self-Work Edition," campers should be ready for a weekend filled with internal as well as external activities. Artistry is ever changing, but the constant should be knowing and staying true to ourselves.
Still expect the same boundary pushing adventure with our camptivities and dance training. A huge emphasis of Kindred will always be on connecting with other dancers, trying new things, and the exploration of movement.
Location: 6644 W White Eagle Rd, Leaf River, IL 61047
- Just 2.5 hours from Milwaukee, WI and 2.5 hours from Chicago, IL!
- Carpools available
Cost: $175-225 (see Dates or Registration)
- You can pay admission spread between two payments
- Admission includes all activities, meals, lodging, and dance classes.
- How It Works: register here
- Click on the deposit, pay $75 by July 20 & secure spot (Deposit increases to $125 after July 20)
- Pay remaining balance anytime
- All payments due no later than August 20
- Experience different teaching methods
- Create a piece of choreography
- Try an outdoor activity that you've never done before
- Have a real conversation with someone
- Be a kid again
- Make memories you'll never forget
who can REGISTER:
- ANY adult intermediate or advanced dancers(can accept 16 and older with parental/guardian consent)
- Style background based in hip-hop
- It is the policy of Kindred to ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To bring dancers closer to nature, each other, and their goals.
We believe escaping from everyday distractions in a fresh environment encourages camaraderie and growth. Our camps take place at real campgrounds and include a mix of emotional and physical activity. Our dancers leave feeling more capable than ever due to real acceptance and confidence.
We are all kindred spirits, and having a strong sense of community can brighten futures and encourage humans to be better humans.